Wallpaper App: Updated with Firebase

TUTORIAL DIFFICULTY: Medium / Hard
In order to complete this tutorial, you are required to already have a basic knowledge of Firebase. Parts of this video might be more difficult if you have never worked with Firebase. You should be able to follow along easily if you are able to find blocks by looking at a screenshot.

VIDEO DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of this tutorial is to be able to update your app without having to change the .aia file, re-build the .apk, issue an update on Google Play and then have your users manually update the app. To complete this objective, you’ll need a basic understanding of Firebase. We’ll use a Wallpaper App as an example of this process. By the end of the video, you’ll be able to make changes to your Firebase, which will make changes to your app. The user will see those changes once they refresh the app (meaning that if you make changes one day, the user might not see those changes until the next day when they open the app again. But obviously, with some improvement to this tutorial, you can make the changes automatic). We’ll use the built in Firebase Storage to store our Wallpaper Images. We’ll then access those image in our Firebase Database using a tag_list. The tag_list will allow us to set the total number of wallpapers we want to display OR specific wallpapers we want to display.

YOU AGREE THAT BY DOWNLOADING THIS .AIA FILE you will ONLY use it for education purposes or as part of your app. Any apps published to Google Play using any or parts of this .aia file MUST legibly include the phrase “original app design by Pixii Bomb” either on the title screen or somewhere in the “About” section. ANY Or ALL parts of this project MAY NOT be uploaded to another youtube channel, website, or publication in which the uploader receives credit for my work. If you wish to use ANY part of this tutorial in a tutorial that you create, you MUST have my permission to do so.
If you violate any of the above terms, your channel/website/publication will be flagged for copyright infringement.
Project File: Wallpaper_FREE.aia (17.0 KB)

:fairy: EXCLUSIVE PIXII BOMB SQUAD DESIGN AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROJECT :bomb:

How to add picture to gridview from firebase storage
How to use firebase block in multiple screen wallpaper app?

Another kewl tutorial from our resident @PixiiBomb :+1:

hehehe im super cool :sunglasses:

split this topic #4

A post was split to a new topic: FirebaseDB question

nice and super slow . why other wallpaper apps can load images too fast but our wallpaper apps images load to slow?

A Big Mystery which is yet to be solved

Because other apps are made in IDEs like Android Studio or XCode, where you code by hand.

You could work on an extension to help with image loading, but other than that, it’s the simplest solution I could come up with that I figured everyone could understand.

I managed to Add unlimited amount of Images to the app using Grid View. It loads a lot faster and better but the lag when the images are loading still exist

i think if the image sizes are big then problem occur during download images .small sizes images can download easy. if small size image click by user then you can download big size image and set the preview.that could be solution.
did you use dynamic components?

I used that method Uploading a Low quality preview image and Then later setting a High quality Image as wallpaper or Downloading

11kaw6
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol peter

and yea you guys can do “thumbnail” versions.
So if you had a category "animals"
the tags inside of this category could be
t1
t2
t3
w1
w2
w3

etc.

Load the “t” tags onto the screen (thumbnails)
and view the “w” tags for the larger/preview

Kind of like what we did with the Gallery Viewer tutorial:
(Make 2 versions of the image)

where is the Wallpaper toolbar or ???:thinking::thinking::thinking:

plz help…

Thanks

There is no wallpaper toolbar. At this time, the only purpose of this component is to set your wallpaper.

but mam how can i used in other project to create other apk/project ??:thinking:

I’m sorry I don’t understand the question.

ok mam sorry for that

actually i want to say if any one can do like this in his/her won apk project how to create plz guide us.

Thanks.

Were you wanting to create like a wallpaper menu? With categories?
This way the user isn’t seeing 1000 wallpapers? They’re seeing maybe like 10 categories.
(An example of this is in the first video, at around 19:56)

If that’s what you’re interested in, that particular .aia file is exclusive to the Pixii Bomb Squad. But for a limited time, you can take a simple quiz from the video. If you pass the quiz, I will send you the .aia file that gives you an example of how to set that up. :+1:

mam i want to the Wallpapermanager option only Ho=w to do that :man_shrugging::raising_hand_man:

You can:

1. Clear the user’s current Wallpaper (WallpaperManager.Clear)
  2. Get the user’s current Wallpaper (WallpaperManager.GetWallpaper)
  3. Set the user’s Wallpaper (WallpaperManager.SetWallpaper)
  • You can set the user’s wallpaper from their internal gallery, from a media folder that you’ve uploaded to your project, or from a URL on the internet.

There is one Event for this component, which returns values based on your action.
There are NO PROPERTIES for this component, but you can access it’s name to use in a list or as a variable.

I still don’t quite understand what you mean by you “only want” the WallpaperManager.
“WallpaperManager” is the name of the component.
The only things that this component is capable of doing, have been listed above.

If what you are trying to do is listed above, than you can do it.