Unique AndroidID Extension. (No Permissions Needed!)

Introduction. My first Extension .

This extension obtains the unique AndroidID, without any permissions. Obtaining the IEMI number, or the users name can have significant privacy concerns. This extension obtains a unique value from the device, that can only be changed when the device is reset to factory defaults.

This is a great way to track individual devices, without knowing who they are, or asking for scary permissions. This helps for GDPR and other type compliance.

A use case is you want to make sure that a device does not delete your application to get circumvent various things. I use it with firebase so I can track all sorts of stats, without ever knowing who the user is, and therefore I am very privacy compliant.

Blocks

Instructions

Just call the GetDeviceID, and then apply the GotDeviceID(deviceid) to whatever variable you want.

Download Here

Special thanks to Abhijith_Dominic, yusufcihan, and Taifun .

Does it comply with Google policy?

Android ID is 64-bit number (as a hex string) that is randomly generated on the device’s first boot and should remain constant for the lifetime of the device.

A quote from the article.

ANDROID_ID
More specifically, Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID. This is a 64-bit quantity that is generated and stored when the device first boots. It is reset when the device is wiped.
ANDROID_ID seems a good choice for a unique device identifier. There are downsides: First, it is not 100% reliable on releases of Android prior to 2.2 (“Froyo”). Also, there has been at least one widely-observed bug in a popular handset from a major manufacturer, where every instance has the same ANDROID_ID.