Textbox Extension

extension

I now added an EnterPressed event in Version 5 of the Textbox extension
Additionally you can set the icon of the Enter button in the soft keyboard. Possible values for icon: DONE, GO, NEXT, PREVIOUS, SEARCH, SEND

Thank you @Boban_Stojmenovic for being the sponsor of version 5!

Taifun

I have played with this great extension and I find it useful. I have however discovered that EnterPressed does not work if you choose MultiLine. I don’t think this is a bug.

I just want to point this out, so that if someone else have tried this extension and could not make EnterPressed function works then you should check if Multiline is checked.

@Taifun I moved unrelated posts to another topic so that they won’t conflict with posts on this thread

thank you, I updated the documentation.
Taifun

@Taifun, just want to let you know that Set Icon for Enter button on soft keyboard for a textbox does not work with MultiLine either.

Doesn’t seems like a bug, in a multiline textbox user is supposed to enter multiple lines of text!

thank you for reading the documentation carefully. I now added also this as note into the documentation. Thank you again.
Taifun

If user type something in the textbox, then I want to change a button text, only if user type something (not only focusing) and when the textbox is blank it changes back the text of a button.

How can I do that?

@MadPuppy, With these 2 blocks and an if statement in .AfterTextChange.

If textbox1.text = “”
Then
button1.text = “Original Text”
Else
button1.text = textbox1.text

Oh man! Why I hadn’t thought like that! Thanks so much ken!!!

Update: The if-then-else block doesn’t fit with do block so I used double if-then blocks. Using (not equals to sign) in the second if-then block (I know its common sense but for a newbie it might help) and its working great!

Hello everybody,

It would be very useful, in my opinion, to add a method for stopping the TextBoxListener:
(call TaifunTextbox1.StopTextChangedListener).

I find the utility of this in when filling a data form with the initial data (from a listview, for example) while the TextChangedListener is “Stopped” and after the textboxes are filled “Activate” it to monitor any changes, after “Stop” the listener again charge a new record and “activate” the listener…… All in the same screen without the need of exiting the screen and entering again.
I hope I explained well.

For feature requests please contact me by email. To be a sponsor of a new method already is possible starting from only 10 USD! With your contribution you will help the complete App Inventor community. Thank you.

Taifun

KeyUp Event

@Taifun great work on Textbox. Would like to receive KeyUp event on a textbox as a search value to control a self created ListView taken from an SQLite query loading a TableView element.

Have you tried AfterTextChange Event?

Of course!

Started to use .AfterTextChanged but didn’t see the .Start—Listener.

Working as I expected a ‘KeyPress’ would.

Thanks for prompt reply. Having a ball with AppyBuilder.

hi
i tried to use SetImageBackground but did not work
imagepath is “//save.png”, sometimes is not showing and sometimes it tells “file image do not exists”
i have uploaded in asset this image, i tried with others too

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

it’s on kodular, but since appybuilder will merge i think there is no problem

Cattura

then please ask there…
this happens because Kodular does not use the default assets directory for the companion

Taifun