Suddenly all the extensions break apart

I was working on a project and I install one extension, I’m talking of com.vishwas.Dialogs.aix after that I receive an error message, I uninstalled the extension but after that almost all the extensions start to give error, now inclusive if I install a new one, everything crash, but only when I use the App Companion, so I really don’t know if it’s a companion issue or all the project was just screwed now.

I already reload everything, Inclusive the companion, I keep receiving the same errors, no matter what I do.

Error from Companion: java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid syntax in eval form: :1:4082: caught exception in inliner for # - java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: com.puravidaapps.TaifunTools gnu.bytecode.ObjectType.getReflectClass(ObjectType.java:179) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.getModifiers(ClassType.java:103) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.isInterface(ClassType.java:471) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.checkType(InlineCalls.java:56) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:49) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:363) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitSetExp(ExpVisitor.java:114) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:369) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.SetExp.visit(SetExp.java:406) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:317) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LetExp.visit(LetExp.java:207) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visit(LambdaExp.java:1640) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitAndUpdate(ExpVisitor.java:161) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitExps(ExpVisitor.java:175) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visitArgs(ApplyExp.java:415) gnu.kawa.reflect.CompileInvoke.validateApplyInvoke(CompileInvoke.java:23) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:410) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:162) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:410) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitModuleExp(ExpVisitor.java:103) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.visit(ModuleExp.java:482) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.inlineCalls(InlineCalls.java:33) gnu.expr.Compilation.walkModule(Compilation.java:994) gnu.expr.Compilation.process(Compilation.java:1965) gnu.expr.ModuleInfo.loadByStages(ModuleInfo.java:330) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule1(ModuleExp.java:238) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:198) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:943) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:883) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:865) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.AppInvHTTPD.serve(AppInvHTTPD.java:194) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.NanoHTTPD$HTTPSession.run(NanoHTTPD.java:476) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

Try to refresh the browser and then reconnect to browser

I already did it, but nothing, also the companion it’s stuck on a loop using it via USB keeps saying Companion Starting but every time the courter start again and again.

I remove all the cache, and Applications storage, and after that all the deleted extensions appear again, looks like the browser was saving a previous app state; but I still have the USB connection issue

How to avoid runtime errors with the companion app

1. After importing an extension, please restart the companion app.
  2. If you like to use an extension on a different screen, in Screen1 additionally drag the extension into the working area.

While starting the companion app, all necessary assets and also the imported extensions of your project will be copied to your device. So in case the no such class error shows up, the extension code to run the extension is not available on your device. Without that code the companion app is not able to execute methods from the extension.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.