Still Unable to Start WinStartBuildServer.cmd

Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well. I am trying to build apk from Appybuilder offline and getting error as I am unable to start the byild server. It opens and suddenly disappearing. I already watched all the tutorial and done all the things accordingly. I have downloaded JDK 8 and also set the environment variables. But still unable to build or test my APK. please help me in this regard.

I am attaching the screenshots for the reference.

Also I forgot to mention frontend server uses port 8888 but build server uses port 9990 so maybe the port is used by another app.

In windows run resmon.exe, Resourse monitor will open . Go to listening port and see if another program is using port 9990 . Currently I run both servers frontend and build so you see that java.exe both in port 8888 and in port 9990 . When I close the servers I do not see those ports in use

Thanks Dear I will do these changes and reply with the result. God Bless!

Hi, I already did all the steps mentioned, but I still can’t connect the WinStartBuildServer.cmd at the moment I run it automatically closes … help please

If you wish, for quick assistance I can help you with this by using https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027243/windows-10-solve-pc-problems-with-quick-assist, PM me in that case

Or provide us with new screenshot of your settings

/Boban

I’m sorry I forgot to specify that I have windows7.
everything works very well I could finish my work but at the time of compiling.apk this error comes out.
As I mentioned earlier, you already run WinStartBuildServer.cmd but it closes automatically

Have you looked into this

Troubleshooting:

When starting the server (backend or frontend), if window immediately closes, it could mean that:

1. Your java path not setup properly - setup your java path or update script files to point to your java
  2. Address (8888) already in use (you may have to use task manager to kill java)

/Boban

I already tried and nothing, ever without success

Sorry, I’m clueless

Either java path or that port 9990 is used by another program, show screenshot of yours listening ports

Check also task manager, kill all java task and start over by execute WinStartBuildServer and WinStartFrontend

/Boban

Thanks all for your help. I have done all the things as mentioned. But still having the same problem. I am attaching screenshots as required by yourselves. I will also try to reply with logs if possible.

Thanks @dora_paz for your help. I have tried all the ways you suggested me but still no luck. I have attached some screenshots in my last post in reply of @Boban_Stojmenovic

Can you repost images of your environment variables
Folder where your java is

cmd of java path and javac

echo %JAVA_HOME%
javac -version

/Boban

@Boban_Stojmenovic I am enclosing the required screenshots for your reference.

Thanks

Hard to figure out what’s wrong

Make sure there is no space here

and here, also change to bin lower case letters, not what i think it helps but we should try to reflect the directory path

I also see that you have modified WinStartBuildServer, if so show us it too

bild

and if everything looks good and it still doesn’t work then restart your computer

/Boban

One thing I suspect, you are trying to run 64 bit java on 32 bit OS

bild

/Boban

Dear @Boban_Stojmenovic I have changed the Bin to Lowercase and also there’s no space in the java path. I am posting the WinStartBuildServer as well.

@echo off
echo “Starting AiLiveComplete BuildServer…”
cd BuildServer\lib
“%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java” -Xmx3g -cp layoutlib-api-24.3.0.jar;builder-1.3.0.jar;ecj-4.5.1.jar;common-24.3.0.jar;sdk-common-24.3.0.jar;activation-1.1.jar;jersey-bundle-1.3.jar;args4j-2.0.18.jar;jersey-multipart-1.3.jar;asm-3.1.jar;jettison-1.1.jar;BuildServer.jar;json.jar;CommonUtils.jar;jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar;CommonVersion.jar;localizer.jar;FastInfoset-1.2.2.jar;mail-1.4.jar;grizzly-servlet-webserver-1.9.18-i.jar;commons-io-2.0.1.jar;guava-14.0.1.jar;rome-0.9.jar;http-20070405.jar;bcprov-jdk15on-149.jar;bcpkix-jdk15on-149.jar;sdklib.jar;jackson-core-asl-1.9.4.jar;stax-api-1.0-2.jar;jaxb-api-2.1.jar;wadl2java.jar;jaxb-impl-2.1.10.jar;wadl-cmdline.jar;jaxb-xjc.jar;wadl-core.jar;jdom-1.0.jar -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer

I have downloaded 32bit java and I am running 32bit windows. Also I am able to take screenshot of buildserver cmd and enclosing it for reference.

Thanks for your help my dear.

Please tell me that if it is possible to build / test my apk via another way. or If anyone knows any alternate way as I am facing this problem since one week.

Since we discovered that your are running 32 bit and not 64 bit

Show me your folder path to java, it should look like this

bild

And the path to your latest jdk, in my case
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_192

You have to change your environment variables to point to 32 bit version of java as you are still using
64 bit

I hope the changes get your server running because I’m also getting frustrated not being able to help you and not just you

/Boban

Offline version - How to make it work in Windows 10

yesterday I tried to configure the environment variables as indicated @Boban_Stojmenovic but I was not successful either.
Today it occurred to me to take away the word bin and it works very well I am already compiling the apk