[SOLVED] Api 28 - map problem in Android 9

You have to replace spacer with a label.

If the offline version is updated that is something for the developers to answer. I know what @Hossein said.

For the users it is to test with every android version if it works as they want before uploading it to Google Play. We see a lot of users updating apps and then coming back as something doesn’t work on certain android versions.

yes, but I have more than 1000 spacer, again I repeat it is not fair that the offline version is not updated as promised, let users working normally with the offline version and then when everything is ready will to migrate to Kodular

if it is very easy to say that the spacer are replaced, it may also be easier to do everything again, but it is not fair.

if you’re right, I’ve tried everything in many android versions, only api 28 maps on android 9 version just don’t work, just this,

I also made a simple version without spacer and I tried to migrate it to kodular, and it doesn’t work, when it’s in the app it comes out and it doesn’t work, it’s completely different

Try this one if it works https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uIKclMYbhlhZSR2VlNQRYcaRCkZwRdXF

I made some changes to manifest file

/Boban

@Boban_Stojmenovic
I know its working, the map is showing in android 9 and Xiaomi phoco phone f1

THANKS SOO MUCH FOR HELP US

@Boban_Stojmenovic
sorry I for got, its with API 28, I believe that yes

Yes

We’ll see if @Hossein can make these changes and I hope that’s just it

/Boban

Okay, I´m excited, I´ll hope all will be solved
let´s go

@Boban_Stojmenovic
if you want you can send me the new manifest file (I don’t know if it’s possible ) and I can try to install or do a new offline installation with this new file and try,
if possible you have to tell me where I install it or in that offline folder

it’s not just a new suggestion, the same is not possible

Just so you know how I went about it,

• i decompiled the apk build with offline server,
  • made some changes to manifest file and compiled back to apk

I don’t know if it possible to change server files to accomplish this, that’s something @Hossein have to do

/Boban

Okay, @Boban_Stojmenovic
Thanks , will wait to @Hossein what he say

Changes I made in the manifest file and file I added to xml folder

android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config"

and

<uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy" android:required="false"/>

complete file looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:compileSdkVersion="23" android:compileSdkVersionCodename="6.0-2438415" package="com.appybuilder.bobans_s73.MapsTest" platformBuildVersionCode="26" platformBuildVersionName="8.0.0">
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<application android:debuggable="false" android:icon="@drawable/ya" android:label="MapsTest" android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.multidex.MultiDexApplication" android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config">
    <uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy" android:required="false"/>
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:name="com.appybuilder.bobans_s73.MapsTest.Screen1" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">
        <intent-filter>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
        </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <provider android:authorities="com.appybuilder.bobans_s73.MapsTest.provider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true" android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvider">
        <meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/provider_paths"/>
    </provider>
</application>

added this file to xml folder (file name network_security_config.xml) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WZ0D8Jy0OVXkJ_THXI5s3lSshgHECjMJ

and that’s all I did

/Boban

AppyBuilder & Kodular
AppyBuilder & Kodular

@Boban_Stojmenovic
I get a little lost or I don’t quite understand
to see if I can do it right:
first I have to modify the file AndroidManifest.xml
and then I have to add the file network_security_config.xml to res\xml

its right?

I dont know how to make this too:

• i decompiled the apk build with offline server,
  • made some changes to manifest file and compiled back to apk

uff its dificult for me, sorry

thanks

@Boban_Stojmenovic
good morning to you all:

I haven’t been able to, I’ve tried to do everything, now I understand it better and it didn’t work

we’re going to wait for the designers @Hossein to see if they can help us and solve this map problem according to them they promised, where we can have an offline version that works well

thank you all

AppyBuilder & Kodular

@Boban_Stojmenovic , how did you decompile the apk file? We tried with zip - unzip but then the xml file is in editor encyripted, cant be changed.

@Hossein
What do you think of the solution @Boban_Stojmenovic proposed?

you may also help us by explaining a little bit how to decompile, change the manifest and recompile

the same is a good solution and so we leave you alone and help users with this problem as everything goes on towards the migration to kodular

AppyBuilder & Kodular

Try PULLING the latest offline version that should fix the MAP issue

AppyBuilder & Kodular

@Hossein
please infor us about your android version and phone model, its very importn for will compare, of aia that you tested

unfortunately we continued the same as we were before the upgrade, after performing several tests

The offline version MAP component version has been brought up to date with the online version and now the behaviour is going to be the same. I tested in Android 8.

Use @Boban’s approach