Problem with Android 9.0

Hi All,

I have my app running ok in almost all devices, except in one: Sansumg A20 with Android 9.0. When the user tries to put login and password (and the app must send this info to a remote server), I receive this message shown below:

The message indicates a 1103 error, but the device can connect internet normally, even with other apps.

Any hints?

I think this has to do with permissions. Could that be possible?

Well, I’ve checked this and all of them are granted. I’ll show you:

You could at least already make a error message when this happens so it looks nice.

Is the data transmitted instantly? What if you wait a second before transmitting? Would that help?

Yes!!

It does not make any difference. The message is the same. I’ve put the message on the Screen.ErrorOccurred as shown:

I was trying in this device (it’s from a client that was here with me in my office) but he had to go out and I could not test anymore. I’ve searched many things for a solution, but nothing has guided me to a final solution.

Are other Android 9 phones working?

Very good question!!! I really don’t know… They are 14 sellers using my app and just one has this device with Android 9.

Try with https

/Boban

Any special reason to do this, Boban?

Hmmmm so maybe this is the reason… Let me try it and I’ll tell you my results.

Thanks @Boban_Stojmenovic and @Peter!

@Peter and @Boban_Stojmenovic, you were right!!! That solved the problem!! I didn’t realized about TLS… thank you!!!