Post Sept 28 Release Wish List - Bug Tracking

We just had our Sept 28 release and are now starting a new thread to get your input/requests on next batch of updates / bug-fixes :slight_smile:

Include anything that you like. We can all discuss and check to see if feasible or not.
Also, did we miss your update-request / bug-reports? Use this thread to report for possible inclusion in next release.

LinedTextBox component
Post Oct 11 Release Wish List

radio buttons and change the color to the radio button

The ability to select more than one image file to be uploaded at the same time.

The ability to rename images within an AppyBuilder project (ideally, have them renamed everywhere they’re referenced). Maybe a user specific image “library”, the contents of which can be made available to every project.

@Thomas_Leavitt We’ll check into1st item. 2nd one would get pretty complex. BTW we added your request for Label and TextBox

Missing Blocks- Chronometer

Please consider to add the emulator, available in the MIT version

We will do and check into it

Another generic request that now and then I have already asked: can you add a “is keyboard open” method? Maybe in the screen1 blocks. I can’t count the times I would have benefit from this.

@Gabryk if this is urgent, I could write you an extension otherwise, it’ll be in next release

Isn’t urgent, I guess having it in the core blocks would be the best for everyone. Thank you for considering it :smiley:

Also, what about this issue? To me floating button is almost inusable, it’s not your fault, other extensions for FAB have the same issue, but maybe you can sort it out. http://community.appybuilder.com/t/what-is-the-correct-size-or-type-for-the-floating-button-icons/1070?u=gabryk

@Gabryk regarding keyboard, KitchenSink component has block to show our hide keyboard. You can use that to force it open or close. Will that work for now?

Regarding floating action button, we made some updates. Hover mouse over block for tooltip. Rule of thumb: your actual image should be 48x48. Designer or blocks editor use size 56

No worries it’s not urgent and no, it can’t work the same way. I really need to know IF keyboard is open or not. Force open/close doesn’t guarantee to know if it is open or not because, for the keyboard to be of some use, a textbox should be on the screen, so if user closes the keyboard then a tap on the textbox will cause the keyboard to open again out of my control.

Set–>Elapsed time in sec is missing in choronometer –

Taboola pays 6X times google admob
OneSignalPush notification tutorial

I would like a sync / wait block / delay
Would work like this
would have an entry to enter a number and when you are executing a set of blocks when you reach that block waiting would give a space marked with the number that was put
would serve to make animations or activate things after the others with a margin of space
example
you want that when a user presses a button within 5 seconds it shows a message of colors

when Button1.click
set label1.color = blue
wait.screen seg = 3
set label1.color = green
wait.screen seg = 3
set label1.color = black

then every 3 seconds would change the color

The amount of things like animate sprites
make games
button animations and effects
I think a block like this would do a lot of interesting things.

If you do not understand my idea, tell me
Basically it would wait a while that we stabilized to execute the following action.

Kiip neon ad experiences.
http://v3.kiip.me/developers/

And in general ability to integrate any such ad platform

There is an app where you are showing messages to a user.
It is a game where there is a character talking to you
and you want to show about 5 in messages in a label

when.Screen1.initialize
set label.text = hi
delay.Screen miliseg = 2000
set label.text = welcome to App
set label.text = I will be your guide
set label.text = although first I would like to know your name
delay.Screen miliseg = 3000
set label.text = please enter your name
delay.Screen miliseg = 3000
call notifier show.textDialog
mesage = type your name
title = what is your name
cancelable = false

think it would look great to do things like that and the blocks wait the time you want to run it
would show up and give many possibilities

I know that this can be done with a clock but it is very complicated when it would be easier a delay block to execute the next part of the block thread

5 posts were split to a new topic: Chrome issue, designer properties

see here why this is not useful
Why is a wait procedure generally a bad idea?
The model of event processing in App Inventor by Lyn

use this instead
Please Wait method by Scott

Taifun

It’s just what I want, but why not keep all that in a simple block that makes a wait for it to then run the rest.
It would be as well as this, but simpler, with a block that would delay what is coming.
It works like this but simpler with a block.
Do all that in one block

read again the links provided in my previous answer to understand why it is not possible
Taifun

Add more than one block to a list at a time (ideally, add multiple blocks of any type). Yes, I understand that this is typically dealt with by importing or generating values, but there are times when you simply want ten or twenty items in a list, and dragging and dropping each individual block is very tedious.