Offline version - How to make it work in Windows 10

Since AppyBuilder online servers will temporarily shut-down soon I created a post in my blog showing how to download the offline version from GitHub and how to properly setup Java 8 JDK in windows 10 in order to run AppyBuilder offline.

The post is in Greek language but I believe that from the photos you will be able to understand the procedure.

See here https://dorapazol.blogspot.com/2019/07/appybuilder-offline.html

Build failed! Connection refused (Connection refused)
Besoin d'aide pour installation
AppyBuilder Offline
Hi i want to update my app today and iam getting a message
Build failed! Connection refused for android sed)

At the end says " If you want to make the apk file of your application you will also need to load and

build server, as long as you double-click the WinStartBuildServer.cmd file"

We of course would like to build the apk, I mean that’s the purpose of the whole thing, right?
How do we do that?

Yes this is the purpose but many times we work for days to create an app . We work the .aia file and test our app before creating the final .apk file so there is no need to run the build server simultaneously with the frontend. That’s why I wrote it

For me it works ok till now, I downloaded all my aia files from the online version and I tested if I could create the apk. I just clicked Built - App (save .apk to my computer) , procedure reached 100% and the file was created and downloaded to my computer :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi , after i folow all your instructions , i double click on frontend and nothing happns, what to do?
The cmd window crashes right away

IF the cmd window immediately closes, this means that your java path is not setup properly

open cmd window and type echo %JAVA-HOME% you should see the directory that java is installed

then run javac -version to check the version

Offline Builder issues

It looks as you described?

till now looks good , check if in System Variables the JAVA_HOME variable exists and if it points to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181 otherwise create it

Still crashes

From the picture it looks ok , please restart your pc and run WinStartFrontend.bat as administrator and tell me if it still crashes

It still crashes after the restart as administrator

Sorry that I can not help you more , it looks like java 8 jdk is setup properly but for some reason you can not start the server. Try to download again the offline version from GitHub and unzip it to a directory with no special characters for example /temp, run WinStartFrontend.bat and see what happens.

Cannot login to Code Editor

Show us how is your WinStartBuildServer.cmd and WinStartFrontend.bat.

This is what I have in my settings and what i know of depending on the country you also need to have backslash at the end

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\

Btw, that java folder doesn’t exist
bild

/Boban

Hola como están

Por favor me ayudan. He realizado todos los pasos para tener el appy builder en mi computador y no he sido posible

Lo ultimo que hice fue abrir el navegador y colocar http: // localhost: 8888 para que luego me de la opcion de ejecutar appy builder y no me dio

Yo ya tengo instalado el appybuilder personal zip en mi equipo, tambien tengo intalado el java

Tambien descarque otro navegador que se llama Xampp y no he sido capaz

Por favor alquien me puede ayudar

Gracias

ADriana

Cannot login to Code Editor

Is Java 8 JDK configured ok, did you run WinStartFrontend.bat and the server is running ?

For more informations on how to run offline version in windows 10 see here

Also this post has nothing to do with code editor , it is about the offline version :blush:

I moved it here. Hopefully the right place. :grin:

No es necesario ningún navegador especial, solo sigue los pasos tal cual, descarga los archivos, descomprimir, instala y configura Java … Recuerda que debe ser JDK

not download final apk

@Andres_Cotes check your local build server log. Is your server local or remote?