Material Icons Outlined (Free)

Yes, you heard it, right guys! Material Outlined Icons are here for free. Today, I was wondering, heck why not make the font since Google hasn’t. So here it is along with the codes:

HTML Property must be on!
MaterialOutlinedIcons.zip (69.5 KB)

PREPARE FOR 31 SCREENSHOTS!

You can also use the “name” with HTMLFormat turned off:

This is Outlined Material Icons, not Regular.

I just tried it and it doesn’t work with the name :frowning:

It depends on the author (Nathan), he can add these. He said in the post in the Kodular community that he’s working on it

I forgot to add, it will take forever to do because,

1. Nathan is lazy
  2. Some know a project he’s working on :wink:

Now, IDK how to say this besides this way… I unfortunately can’t do the name way because of the Font Provider I use. I’ll try finding another one which makes it easier for all users matching current Base Material Icons.

for me it’s fine how it is now, by code, since the list is great even some icons are similar and then it can be confusing, it’s my point of view.

Yes on another Community, I did post I’ll try renaming them but, the place I’m at right now doesn’t allow that and only allows me to rename classes for WOFF files and other formats for Websites which I’m currently doing instead of worrying about the TTF file. I don’t think it’ll cause a big problem for Android Developers though.

Have you thought about making these for the other themes (filled, rounded, etc…)?

Hi @developermatt, I will think about it in the future most certainly. Along with that I will try my best to make an index site where you can look up the icon you want, and get the code, instead of looking through X amount of screenshots. Although I will be doing the other themes, I will be redoing the Outlined first as I lost my account to the font creator that I used. It won’t be long before a new one will come along. If by any chance I cannot get some out by the beginning of October I’ll let you know since I have other GitHub projects I’m working on right now.

Thanks for being interested!

Ofrezco host gratis por si necesitas alojar tu proyecto!

Yo uso esa fuente. lol

Thanks for the info :+1:

Thank you for the kind suggestion, although I will be sticking to GitHub and Heroku for NodeJS projects unless your Hosting can do NodeJS projects with a custom domain, then sure, you’ve gained a customer!

You’re very welcome!

Material Icons Update | 8/24/19

Google has updated their icon index to include new icons. The Material Icons pack will be updated with an index search to find your favorite icon in a shorter time!

Anyone that would like to help or view source can visit https://github.com/OakleyHippo/IconIndexSearch.

Project Update | 9/5/19

IconIndexSearch is no longer public and has been renamed to something else. It’s still on Github, but private and a new name. There’s a reason for everything, with that they are described as so below.

REASON #1

ETA: END OF SEPT '19

I am working on a custom STSF for sites further developed by me. If you’re wondering what CTSF means, don’t worry I’ve come up with it and know what it means. It otherwise means a SASS TypeScript Framework. It will be on Github, but as of now, I am still adding more components and working out kinks including building an engine for it all. I’m trying to make it easier for everyone with a command line and Notepad or another text editor to edit their theme, then entering in one command and have it all set for them.

REASON #2

ETA: END OF OCT '19

I will also have to redesign the icon project with the STSF that I’m making and I’ll also have to go through the entire Material Icons library to check icon names, then go to my font maker and add the codes to an array, then it just get’s crazy from there. This will also be built with ElectronJS being able to work on Windows and Mac, I will be developing an extension for Kodular & AppyBuilder or just Kodular (due to the merger) to get an icon name to make it easier for you instead of copying and pasting. However, both the Windows and Mac options will be available to you if you feel you don’t like easy work :man_shrugging:.

REASON #3 -

ETA: NOV '19

Not only those two reasons, I am also working on an improved project I made about a month ago and have ever since transferred ownership to a friend. It will be built with my new STSF and on top of that executable with ElectronJS, then on top of all that will be compatible with Android being able to “cross-platform” with Windows, Mac, and Android.

CONCLUSION

And there you go, my plans so far. The way I’ve listed my reasons is the way everything should be done by. Meaning it shouldn’t take long for the icons project to be complete and should be here by November, yes an extended deadline has been issued.