JarSigner not found

Hi All,

I’m experimenting Appybuilder Offline and when I try to build an APK I receive this message from the log:

INFORMAÇÕES: Build error output: Error: Your build failed due to an error in the JarSigner stage, not because of an error in your program.

I already have Java 8 in my pc.

What I did:

1 - Installed JDK Development Kit
2 - Put the PATH in the environment variables (I’m using Windows 10)
3 - Started WinStartBuildServer.cmd
4 - Started WinStartFrontend.bat
5 - Imported my AIA
6 - Imported the keystore from online Appybuilder
7 - Generated APK

In online Appybuilder, everything is OK, generating the APK as usual.

Any hints?

AppyBuilder status update

What happens if you create a new project and build it?

Same thing, @Ken.

YAIL compiler - could not find jarsigner.
jul 18, 2019 8:39:27 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer build
INFORMAÇÕES: Build error output: Error: Your build failed due to an error in the JarSigner stage, not because of an error in your program.

jul 18, 2019 8:39:27 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer checkMemory
INFORMAÇÕES: Build 1 current used memory: 15502208 bytes
jul 18, 2019 8:39:27 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer buildAndCreateZip
GRAVE: Build 1 Failed: 1 Error: Your build failed due to an error in the JarSigner stage, not because of an error in your program.

Well, I really don’t know what I have to do here… I have made other tests, with a new project with just a button, in order to create the APK, but the message still remains the same.

Any other hints?

Can you send me your aia?

It happens with a new project as well:

Like i said i don’t have that problem (yet). This is my java version.

java version “1.8.0_201”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Can you try to download a new version of AppyBuilder personal and use that?

Make sure that Java 8 JDK is installed correctly on your computer and path is setup properly. Cause jarsigner.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\bin .

You’ll need JDK because jarsigner executable is required to create a keystore certificate for your app.

I use it with Ubuntu so don’t seem to have that problem.

Hi @dora_paz,

Thanks for replying. Yes it seems to be ok here:

And I have put the path into the Environment Variables too…

Hi, @Peter,

Sent in PM.

That doesn’t look like Java 8

Yes, @Ken, it is the JDK installation. Java 8 is installed here:

Is there any problem when I have a different version of SDK in my Java installation?

You have jre version and not jdk as you should have

/Boban

Thanks, @Boban_Stojmenovic. Now I understand. So, I’m gonna uninstall this JDK and download the right JDK from Java 8. I hope this solve the problem…

Well… I have download this JDK:

And I have reconfigured the path, but with no success when creating the APK…the same error appears…

It’s really disgusting a situation like that, when we have to be in a hurry because of the Appybuilder stop.

I’m tired now and I’m gonna take a time on this… I’ll try again later.

I got the aia from @Kleyber_Derick and was able to build it without a problem so it probably has something to do with his java configuration and/or version.

See if you set correctly the path, all you have to do to test your configuration is to open a new command prompt and type in: echo %JAVA_HOME% this will print out the directory JAVA_HOME points to or empty line if the environment variable is not set correctly

then type in: javac -version this will print out the version of the java compiler if the Path variable is set correctly or “javac is not recognized as an internal or external command…” otherwise

See more information here
https://javatutorial.net/set-java-home-windows-10

You should find jarsigner in the bin folder of jdk. If not there, then issue. If there, then path not setup correctly

Thanks for point that. I already know that there is an error on my Java environment. Following your example, I have this:

And in my Java directory I have this:

In my Variables Environment I have set this way:

Is that correct? If not, what am I doing wrong?