Issues with Client Socket Extension

Yes, the behavior is the same in both App Inventor and AppyBuilder

@STX-121 I sent extension developer our code-update and he added our updates into his extension. Not sure where he is releasing his new extension though

If you are also controlling the TCP server, a workaround to TCP disconnect can be done by sending a string asking the server to disconnect the client.

hallo i am using ClientSocket extension version 4 in mit app inventor. if i do standard compilation it works . if i compile for googleplay it not works and is not able to manage connection sometime and it hangs until i don’ free resources . do you have any hint?

Hi, The last release available on the Application Inventor 2 Google groups is dated from 2016, and I could not find the version 4 that you are referring to. Could you please share it here ?

Thanks in advance.

can you please send the latest edition of TestSocket please i really need it
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
(in aia format)

I contacted the author and explained this problem.
Unfortunately, he no longer supports the extension, so I had to refuse it :frowning:

Refer to his thread on google groups AI2 forum to download the latest revision, on which the runtime problem is now solved.