Importing from other distributions

If you attempt to import .aia from other repositories such as MIT AI, AppyBuilder may popup a messages indicating that the project was built with newer version. It’ll still try to import and this will be just a one time message.

Error migrating from appinventor to builder, what to do?
Unable to upload .aia file from thunkable to Appy Builder
Need Help Importing Thunkable AIA
Moving app from Thunkable to Appy Builder

And what about if you get the message and after that project doesn’t open?

Thanks

@josejad All projects from MIT AI2 should be importable to AppyBuilder. Did you add any extensions?

Sorry, I was talking about a Thunkable project.
I was talking with Hossein yesterday about that.

@josejad Per our email communication, we looked into it the source that you sent us. The issue was that there are fonts that are built into app. There is simple way to remove to remove those hard-coded fonts. After that, app will be importable to AppyBuilder. Here is what we did:

1. Open up your .aia using 7zip and kept 7zip open
  2. Dragged your screen files into an empty folder; e.g. c:\temp\emptyfolder
  3. Used notepad++ and replaced “Find in Files” (third tab) (make it point to c:\temp\emptyfolder) and replaced:
         3.1. ,“FontTypeface”:“5” with empty string – notice the beginning comma
         3.2. ,“FontTypefaceImport”:“MaterialIcons-Regular.ttf” with empty string
  4. Then dragged and dropped all screen files from c:\temp\emptyfolder back to 7zip

Done!

Unable to upload .aia file from thunkable to Appy Builder
Importing AIA from Thunkable
Changing Package Names and find screen
The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 4891xxxxxxxx_Screen1 will not be saved
What's going on?
Building the content of a List without manual data entry
Need Help Importing Thunkable AIA

Thanks, it works¡¡¡

I’d never touched the .aia files, now I know some tricks can be done there.

Thanks again

Please see my .aia files i am unable to do it.

This is a topic that is really old. If you have a question start a new one. I will close this one.

Before you ask a questions read this very carefully.