? How do you call it?

Hi,
I wanted to watch a tutorial about it but i dont find.
I want to do something like in the picture

if you have a link for a tutorial it will be great
Thank you for your help

How to make Kanji Application
How to make Kanji Application

Hi
Maybe you need to see my historic of research to anderstand my problem. I started research with key words " appybuilder draw game" “hover” “writing game”
I didnt find anything
I didnt find what word i have to use for my research
I search for several hours
Just need to know how you call this type of notion to find tutorial.
All the time you spent to answer me you just had to type key words if you know how you call this
Thank you

How should i know what you already tried. And how should i know what you want by just showing an image.

What is this app called? Is it made with Appybuilder?
We don’t have a tutorial for every App made with Appybuilder, but we can help.
Please explain more about what you want.

I m sorry
I cant explain what i want because i dont know the word for it, thats why i used the picture
My husband told me it is called hover but i didnt find it with appybuilder or appinventor. Maybe im stupid

It is not made with appybuilder.
I want to build a game to learn to write letters in cursive. The user have to draw over the arrows with his finger. If he followed well the form of the letter then he win.
I don t know if it is possible to build it with appy …

So you want to make something like this.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/app-inventor-developers-library/draw$20letters|sort:date/app-inventor-developers-library/C1jGQIeYW-w/vKcIdt5lBwAJ

The link doesnt work

And that means? What happens when you click it? For me it works.

This was made by Scott Ferguson an App Inventor Guru. I hope he doesn’t mind i took the text from the link above.

This gestures recognition engine interprets one or more drags on the canvas as a letter of the alphabet.

This requires one or two stages of analysis.

The first stage interprets the strokes that make up a letter.

The Strokes pattern for building each letter is indicated with the following image:

The starting and ending points are examined for each stroke by the ‘Stroke’ procedure which returns a number representing whether the the x or y value increased (1), decreased (-1) or there was no significant change (0).

There are 9 possible outcomes from a stroke event as seen in the PATTERNS diagram below:

(-1,-1) (0,-1) (1,-1)

(-1, 0) (0, 0) (1, 0)

(-1, 1) (0, 1) (1, 1)

Characters that can be interpreted this way are: A B E F G H K L M N O Q R T U W Y Z

Each of these strokes may draw either a straight or curved line from the starting and ending points.

Only the stroke ordered pairs are required to interpret the above characters.

Any curves are ignored.

The gesture for A is to drag down and to the left (-1 1), down and to the right (1 1) then from left to right (1 0).

The gesture for O is (0 0) as the starting and ending values are approximately the same.

Gestures for the characters are as follows:

A: ((-1 1) (1 1) (1 0)) – down+left, down+right, right

B: ((0 1) (0 1) (0 1)) – down, down, down (only start and end points are recorded)

C: ((0 1))* – down

D: ((0 1) (0 1))* – down, down

E: ((0 1) (1 0) (1 0) (1 0)) – down, right, right, right

F: ((0 1) (1 0) (1 0)) – down, right, right

G: ((0 1) (1 1)) – down, down+right

H: ((0 1) (0 1) (1 0)) – down, down, right

I: ((0 1) (1 0) (1 0))* – down, right, right

J: ((-1 1))* – down+left

K: ((0 1) (-1 1) (1 1)) – down, down+left, down+right

L: ((0 1) (1 0)) – down, right

M: ((0 1) (1 1) (-1 1) (0 1)) – down, down_right, down+left, down

N: ((0 1) (1 1) (0 1)) – down, down+right, down

O: ((0 0)) – touched

P: ((0 1) (0 1))* – down, down

Q: ((0 0) (1 1)) – touched, down+right

R: ((0 1) (0 1) (1 1)) – down, down, down+right

S: ((-1 1))* – down+left

T: ((1 0) (0 1)) – down, right

U: ((1 0)) – right

V: ((1 1) (-1 1))* – down+right, down+left

W: ((1 1) (-1 1) (1 1) (-1 1)) – down+right, down+left, down+right, down+left

X: ((1 1) (-1 1))* – down+right, down+left

Y: ((1 1) (-1 1) (0 1)) – down+right, down+left, down

Z: ((1 0) (-1 1) (1 0)) – right, down+left, right

Where there is an ‘*’ above, there is more than one letter that matches the pattern.

The following letters require additional tests:

D (EndY for stroke 1 - EndY for stroke 2 < MaximumStartEndPointsDifference) vs. P

V absolute value of (EndX for stroke 1 - EndX for stroke 2) < MaximumStartEndPointsDifference vs. X

C (MinY < BeginY) vs. I

S (MinY < BeginY) vs. J

In order to determine if a gesture is completed, a clock timer looks at the time interval between strokes.

If less than DelayBetweenGestures milliseconds has elapsed between strokes, then the gesture is being built.

If more than DelayBetweenGestures milliseconds has elapsed between strokes, then the gesture is complete and can be analysed.

recogizing patterns by timed sampling:

The following gestures were drawn with a finger and the interpreted letter displayed above the canvas.

Most drawings are interpreted correctly.

W should be drawn stretched out a bit to be interpreted correctly.

M should be drawn vith vertical sides, not like an inverted W.

ComplexGestures.aia (9.1 KB)

Thank you…
That is not exatly what i am looking for.
Imagine you have a road on the background and you have to follow the road with your finger. If you get out of the road or if you make it in the wrong way ( right to left instead of left to write for example) you have to try again.
The forms you have to do can be different.

Did you try the aia? I think this is what you are looking for. If you put an image in the background with the shape and arrows and you let user follow that pattern of the letter in the sequence and direction you want it works. I just tested it.

Thank you very much , i work on it now

I was thinking… you could also place some transparant sprites on your screen that have to be touched by going over them in a certain order. If the order is incorrect you know that they didn’t do it as you expected.