Google Map Component

bug

Follow up to post with @contritrack, we identified a bug with GoogleMap component. We are working on solution for this and will have this addressed and resolved soon.

Thank you. I will wait for the fix.

Patrick

@contritrack please see latest release notes HERE

I cannot build. I get error. I’m afraid the new update today may be responsible. I was able to package same apps yesterday. Please help.

I’ll check in few hours and let you know of status.

Thank

@contritrack I just created a simple app with GoogleMap component and it worked fine both in companion and in .apk - Have you made any updates that may cause the issue

No. the only thing I remember was that while I was working on my apps yesterday, my AVG anti-virus alerted on a threat which I allowed it to fix. I don’t see issue with that since appybuilder is browser-based. The issue may not be with Map this time. I have firebase and Taifun Camera extension. Kindly see the errror screen shot attached

@contritrack @Taifun Below is the error message in the log:

Jul 24, 2017 3:33:15 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler loadJsonInfo
INFO: Component “com.puravidaapps.TaifunCamera” does not have a broadcast receiver.
Jul 24, 2017 3:33:15 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler generatePermissions

What's going on?

@contritrack you might want to pay a little bit more attention on what exactly you are repairing…
if you “repair” the camera extension, then obviously it will not work anymore…
and if some “Antivirus” program finds an issue somewhere, then you first might want to check that file using https://www.virustotal.com/ to find out, if your “Antivirus” program detected a false positive…

Taifun

Dx excution failed
Activities Stage Error When Building
Elements of new screen are dwarfed

I’m currently working with a backed up file. I guess the anti-virus removed a vital file. I’ll be fine.
Thank you.
Patrick