This is a list of why some apps fail to build .apk
- We have seen builds fails because some users are using the word new for their screen name. This is a java keyword and shouldn’t be used.
- When creating procedure, change default procedure name
- If your email starts with number (e.g email@example.com), build will fail
- Do not use the name screen for new Screen
- Blocks with empty required sockets. This means that you are not passing enough parameters
- Conflicting extensions.
- Strange app icon sizes. Use a 96 x96 png for this.
- AIA files coming from other builders with conflicting components. Components not present in AppyBuilder should be removed. All monitizing components should be removed.
- Projects with large assets.
- Projects with a large number of blocks (exact numbers are hard to say).
- Projects with to many screens (exact numbers are hard to say).
- Your project is to big, the aia file can not be bigger then 10 MB to build.
- There are errors in your blocks. Look for the yellow and red triangles in the lower left of the block editor.
- There are duplicate event blocks. For instance two button click events for the same button.
- There are unused resources in your project.
- If you have a comma in your packagename.
- Too many screens and/or blocks
- Too many extensions or conflicting extensions. Some extensions use libraries that already exist in AppyBuilder. This may / will cause build issue during apk multidexing - has to do with number of methods in a single class file
- Invalid package names. If you change package names, make sure you use minimum 3 words, and use all lowercase, and no special characters, no embedded spaces
- You have WARNINGS in your block-editor. This could be due to blocks that have open socket and nothing is plugged in (e.g. JOIN blocks). Either plug into open-sockets or delete the open open-socket
Need tutorials? Check links below:
- https://puravidaapps.com by @Taifun
Have questions that you need to ask? See link below by @Peter for guideline on asking questions: