Exceeding the limit of 10MB: Downloadable files

Due to one of the limitations of Appy Builder we can not create apk that weigh more than 10 MB.
You can use the alternative https://puravidaapps.com/filebyfile.php
But I propose another solution in case they consider very complicated the previous one or they just begin in Appy Builder.
I’m not professional at this, other solutions better probably provide but I can see that this can be useful.
First you must host your files on a web server.
after should we downloaded the extension of
called ExtendeWebViewer.
Extended Web Viewer Extension
I will show you how to download a file at the push of a button
In order to run, you need to fill in the information blocks that I gave you comments
In the default extension they are saved in the Download folder but it is advisable to move the files there for the user do not erase

How do we do this?
We add the file component
And place the blocks as the example image
Ahora usted llama los archivos para usarlos como en el tercer bloque

Note: Any questions you know or do not work.
Note: If your application has several recommended files that load all the .zip files inside your server, move it to your new path, unzip it, and call the files.
Note: Some Google policies do not allow certain actions and I do not know if this method is allowed on Google Play.
I should have no issues, but I have not tried uploading a Google Play app using this method.
I will update this method soon to make it clearer and more complete.
Screen.aia (17.0 KB)
Note: I have tested with a paid MediaFire account and it works fine; I do not know if MediaFire Free, it allows the use of the direct links of the files. You should check it out.
Make sure it is the direct link for this.
Also try other servers if it works and check if you are allowed to use the direct link.
Since the principle link method also requires the direct link, this is nothing more than a shorter version.

Ringtones app , but 10 MB space is not enough

Thanks for the example, @Adell_SE

This is what I looked for and asked him yesterday thank you

Hi, how are you? Is there any way that the download notification will not be displayed?

@Casal0x Since your question is not related to initial topic, please start-up new thread

@Casal0x I think the extension has an option to show or not the notification.

Hello, nice work.
It is posible to make this ext to download an entired folder of images ?

Hello, I am developer of ext, I can just recommend either making a list & downloading each file from the list or downloading a zip file & using @Taifun’s File extension unzip the file.

i have made projects with size more than 10mb using appybuilder. I think it is still possible

That is not possible at all, you will get an error if larger than 10mb size, because AppEngine can’t expand just for you :slight_smile:

the 10 MB is no fix limit… so in case there is not much traffic on the server, you might have luck to build a little bit larger apps…

Taifun

Yea, but being lucky is sometimes a bit hard.

For the last 10 months I have used and published apps way larger than 10MB by using AI2 Ultimate with NO problems: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai2u/files/ai2u%204.2/
I have even used it for updates to already published apps.

Cause ai2ultimate is local version. You are off-topic & we are talking about AppyBuilder…

Ben is correct. Offlines will use local version of Google app engine and don’t go through network communication.

Keep in mind that according to Google app engine, the local versions are not stable and you could lose all your work

Thank you very much. It works.

how did you can make project large than 10mb

how you can did this
it’s give me limit 5mb or 10mb

Why are you asking questions again? We helped you a lot. Still the same questions.

I don’t see the purple Call. ExtendedWebViewer1.DownloadFile piece. But I also don’t see how to add the ExtendedWebViewer from the designer. I only see " Webviewer" and then I don’t get the above mentioned piece. I have added the File component from the designer view. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks already for advice.
John

UPDATE: When I open the sample file I see the ExtendedWebViewer under Extension tab at the left. But when I open my own project there is no such extension. I see that I can import extensions?! So my question now is: where can I find that ExtendedWebViewer extension so that I might import it in my AppyBuilder?