@PixiiBomb great debugging.
Please 2 question
where can i get the extension file and the .aia,
is a pay or free extension?
@Hossein let me suggest to adjust this… the index should start with 1 to avoid confusion…
Currently, The Selection and SelectionIndex are one-based.
However, when deleting, ‘position’ is zero-based.
We have updated code so that this will also be 1-based. This will be in next release
you’re very welcome, and I think making the index change is a great idea!
hola, las imagenes de custom listview no se pueden cargar desde internet verdad?
after picking an item from the first list, select the corresponding item from a second list using the Listview.SelectionIndex
Thanks @Taifun , could you please give me the whole document (or a link for me to download)
In this example, we can use the SelectionIndex from the Custom List View to access the same index in different lists.
I have a list for the Icons, Names and Descriptions.
I can then display the information from each list in different labels.
I’ve also chosen to hide the bottom section when the app starts, and only display the bottom section when an item is selected from the Custom List Viewer.
Hope that helps!
Example.aia (91.3 KB)
Thanks @PixiiBomb very much. Every time you troubleshoot for me, I feel great. Always understandable and clear.
I’m always happy to help
Ok so, unlike the other problems we’ve completed together so far, this one requires a more complex solution.
In the previous examples, we worked with 3 different lists because the data was simple. We just used icons, names and descriptions to work with.
You’ve got 19 different lists, where each index in the list basically corresponds to an item, and you want to be able to save the information. With this much data, a simple list is no longer the option we want to take, because all of that information is going to start cluttering our screen and it’s going to get unnecessarily complicated.
With this much extra data, we need to start working on a database. We have a couple of options, we can use a TinyDB, a Fusion Table, or Firebase.
- I don’t recommend TinyDB, because you’re going to wind up having to over-complicate your data, in this case.
- I DO recommend a Fusion Table, because the data you’re working with is mostly strings and integers, and you can structure this data easily.
- I don’t recommend Firebase, in this case. There is nothing wrong with it, but it’s not necessary. Unless you just happen to find it easier than a Fusion Table.
The Fusion Table is literally just a table of data. You can even create your data in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and import that data into a Fusion Table.
This Google Sheet:
is an example of how your data should look in a Fusion Table.
- Each column is a piece of data
- Each row describes the item (Mon1, Mon2, Mon3, etc)
- The numbers represents the indexes: (Row 1 = column titles, Row 2 = everything about Mon1, Row 3 = everything about Mon2, etc)
- The image column is actually unnecessary if you just want to name your images the same name as your items. (Mon1.jpg, Mon2.jpg, Mon3.jpg, etc)
- Notice that the columns C, D and E (Fish, Shrimp and Carrot) just have numbers in them. Because you can call that data as a variable. Using a join textblock, you could write “Fish :” + DATA + “Kg”
Ok, so now what I want you to do is take a break from your project and start a new project working with a FusionTable or Firebase (your choice). This guy breaks it up pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTCUK8yAKw&index=1&list=PLqhmukaG7I-KucjN-GZThTQ-TjJK7Y2hr
Now if you want to save the “Done” data on the user’s device, then I would suggest using a TinyDB.
But i think it would be easier to retrieve the data using a database format (like Fusion or Firebase), because you can see the data in a separate webpage, and it will be a lot easier to work with.
Let me know how it goes!
Thanks @PixiiBomb , i’m doing it the way you guided, i understand the problem. But if I do with Fusiontable then the application running must have internet connection right you do. If you do not have an internet connection, how do you keep the data up to date?
Well I would hope that the user has internet connection or some form of WIFI in 2017
But, if you’re concerned about that, we could probably take a minute to re-structure your blocks, and see if we can create a faux-database using like 5 lists instead of 19.
See if you can play around with, and give me a couple days. I’m kind of working on this big project that’s due tomorrow So I’ll get back to you