Create Wait procedure like the on in thunkable

extension

Dears ,

I am looking for extension or suggestion to create wait procedure like the one in thunkable take seconds and wait till the period ( I did it using timer but it is freezing the UI and not working good in all cases)

WaitPro
Thanks

Show what you did please.

Why is a wait procedure generally a bad idea?

Please Wait method by Scott

The model of event processing in App Inventor by Lyn

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Really many thanks for your support , but i think these solution not working with me.I am going to give you more details I have many functions like speak and load. the “speak” function has text to speech component this text to speech in loop it may say more than 4 phrases in one screen it may say it for 3 times or more it working good but i have another function “loaddata” in the screen it is responsible for bind data from the list to the labels this function not working
in conclusion the sequence is

LoadData > load data from list to labels.
speech >> say the the phrases in the screen many times depends on the loop (wait functions in the loop body.

i cannot use the timer event because the functions in sequence

wait function

Thanks in advance

The way you implement a pause in AppyBuilder is like this.

1. Set a Clock component with the time you want to be the pause (1000 ms is a second, so for 5 seconds it will be 5000 ms).

2. When the pause should happen, use the block to set the clock enabled to TRUE.

3. Inside the Timer event of that clock, put the blocks that will continue your app’s process after the pause.

I know it’s a very counterintuitive method, specially for beginners but by using it many times, you get used to it.