Who is going to Fosdem 2018?

I am going to Fosdem this year. https://fosdem.org/2018/

FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.

box

I will take some AppyBuilder promotional material with me, sponsored by the AppyBuilder team.

Is anybody else going?

I wish i could go :slight_smile:

Same here, @John… but Brussels is too far.

Please take a lot of photos and videos for us, @Peter_Mathijssen

It would be a great place to meet since AppyBuilder is open source. :grin:

Nice id card, @Peter_Mathijssen

Maybe next year AppyBuilder will have a stand at Fosdem. :wink: That would be great.

@Peter_Mathijssen, have you arrived at Fosdem?

We are at Fosdem. :grin::grinning:

Wow, awesome, Peter and nice publication media :+1: :smile:

I wonder how it feel to be there… There must be a lot of cool stands too…:thinking:

Yep a lot. Its a long time since i was here. Some 15 years ago. AppyBuilder should really have a stand here next year.

This is great. Thanks

@Peter_Mathijssen This is awesome. Enjoy.

We are home again. It was a cold day because you had to go to different buildings a couple of times. It was really busy. A lot of young people. All backpacks like us. :grin: A lot of stands and talks.

Stands from:
KDE
GNOME
LibreOffice
Open Source Initiative
Nextcloud
Gentoo
FreeBSD Project
illumos
openSUSE
CentOS
Fedora Project
Python
Haiku
ReactOS
Qubes OS
Debian
Bazel
ownCloud
GRUB
Free Software Foundation Europe
Mozilla
Apache
Google Summer of Code
etc

Left the flyers at the jobcorner and put some more there a couple of times. Visitors were taking them. Not much possibility to interact about AppyBuilder.

We saw visitors from at least Great-Britain, USA, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands :wink:

Thanks for your efforts; much appreciated :+1:

Some network stats from Fosdem Saturday: identified operating systems per unique MAC:

8295 android
4904 Linux
3499 iPhone/iPad
3199 OSX
996 Windows
23 BSD

total 22352 identified out of 64723 MACs

More privacy-by-design,VPN’s and HTTPS make identifying clients harder

Wow, how to detect that Mac? By using wifi network?

At Fosdem they have there own wifi network. They published the numbers on their Twitterfeed.

AppyBuilder has a block to get the mac adress inside their wifimanager component by the way.

Selectie_826