Webviewer giving blank page after scrolling back?

I have a webviewer showing links in a second vertical alignment. Then I use a floating BACK button so the visitor can scroll back through his or her browsing history.

It works fine…until there’s nothing left to show. Then it’s supposed to go back to the home ‘screen’ (vertical alignment). But it inevitably at the end goes to a blank page where the user has to click BACK again before they are taken to the opening screen. What am I doing wrong?

Blank White Space When Back Button Is Pressed!

you are doing nothing wrong
but as far as I know, there is an issue with some Android versions…
you might want to do a search in the forums to find some threads…
as workaround you might want to check, what is the url and/or page title in case the webpage is blank…
Taifun

Thanks, will try the ‘check URL’ option to see what is happening.

This seems to work only for Android versions before Lollipop with latest Android System Webview update
bild
and this works for all, so you don’t get a blank page, if you know your current url, this also applies to local files

and if you don’t know, add timer
ex. if you load http://www.google.com you get something like this https://www.google.se/?gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=PY7PWZOhBpaBtAHt0p7YAw
bild

Boban

Does not comes proper Output ....The White screen comes between two screen
How to skip the white screen when back pressed in browser?

Thanks a lot for replying. I will check it out.

Another alternative to this, use timer to reload the page again at the app launch.

bild

Auto Generated Inline Image 3

Thanks again. Will try that.

its not working please review it again

bild

really sir i have tried the same block few hours ago but its not working
the blank white page is still appearing on pressing back

I still don’t know what you mean as you don’t show anything.

/Boban

i m saying that
i have used webviewer in my app and when i go forword by 2 3 links in app and when i press back back its going backword properly but when we reach to home url then again when we click back button it should close screen but its showing a blank white page

bild

@Shubham_Chaudhary

This is my work around:

a little hard to help since he doesn’t display any relevant code or the link he is trying with.

Just.

/Boban

in this block its showing blank white screen

That code won’t work.

If you look at my images more closely you will see that I choose to check CanGoBack as second choice, and not the first…

bild

Btw, what is the url you are loading, because some may be different from what you think

/Boban

As I mentioned earlier, url may be different from what you think.
If this is the url you are trying to load https://apps.admob.com is actually quite different.

You can continue with questions in your thread.

/Boban

can you please make changes in aia

I already showed you the workaround. I use it myself.