Glide Extension (SPONSORED!)

extension

GLIDE EXTENSION

Hello hAppy Builders!

I am super excited to contribute to AppInventor and all its distributions! Here I present to you a new extension to load images in a fast and efficient way, media decoding, memory and disk caching using the Glide Library 4.3.1!

Event Handlers

• ClearedCache: Event handler when the clearing cache method is finished.

• ErrorOccurred: Event handler when an error occurred loading the image or gif, and clearing the cache.

Methods

• Glide: Method for loading an image or gif using the Glide library. Parameters: Image input:The image component where the image or gif will be displayed. String path:The path or the URL to the image to be loaded. Number scalingOptions: Number to specify which scaling option is going to be used. One (1) for fitCenter, two (2) for centerCrop and three (3) for circleCrop. Number priority: Number to set the priority of the image. Zero (0) for NORMAL, one (1) for LOW, two (2) for IMMEDIATE and three (3) for HIGH.

• GlideWithOverride: Method for loading an image or gif using the Glide library with override options. Parameters: Image input: The image component where the image or gif will be displayed. String path: The path or the URL to the image to be loaded. Number scalingOptions: Number to specify which scaling option is going to be used. One (1) for fitCenter, two (2) for centerCrop and three (3) for circleCrop. Number width: Number with the width of the image to be loaded. Number height: Number with the height of the image to be loaded. Number priority: Number to set the priority of the image. Zero (0) for NORMAL, one (1) for LOW, two (2) for IMMEDIATE and three (3) for HIGH.

• ClearDiskCache: Method for clearing the Disk Cache.

• ClearMemoryCache: Method for clearing the Memory Cache.

Properties

• ErrorImage: Specifies the path to the image that will be displayed when an error occurs.

• Fallback: Specifies the path to the image that will be displayed when a fallback occurs.

• PlaceHolder: Specifies the path to the image that will be used as a placeholder, when the image is loading.

• Quality: Specifies and returns the quality of the image to be loaded. It is a float number between 0 and 1. Default: 1.

• SkipDiskCache: Specifies whether the Disk Cache should be skipped or not in the caching process. Default: true.

• SkipMemoryCache: Specifies whether the Memory Cache should be skipped or not in the caching process. Default: false.

Best practices

1. The main feature of this library is to load images from an url fast and efficiently, and also, caching it for later use in the memory. If you like to use an image located in your assets or in the disk, you can too.
  2. This extensions works better when using it with a image with height and width parameters previously set. It works well with fill_parent too, but try not to use automatic for better performance. For responsiveness, please use WidthPercent and HeightPercent.
  3. Also, my favourite scaling option is centerCrop (number 2) or circleCrop.
  4. Please use images that are stored in the assets or in the memory for placeholder, error and fallback. The glide library doesn’t use its features in these.
  5. At the designer properties you can select whether skip Memory Cache or skip Disk cache, by default, the disk cache is skipped. And I recommend to use only one of them.
  6. If you are going to use a circleCrop scaling option and a placeholder, it is a known issue that the placeholder will be seen after loading the image if it isn’t a rounded image.

Note: This library has other functions that I will be integrating little by little, for example, using animations to display the image. But in this case, it is a better practice to use @Andres_Cotes’s animation extension, or AnimationPlus (paid extension). If you are developer and like to help, please contact me to work in future updates.

Test this extension

Youtube Video
English subtitles

Blocks used

Downloads

com.pedroza.PedrozaGlide.aix (767,3 KB)

Which one is your favorite Pedroza Extension?

• PolylinesTool Extension
  • PedrozaSQLite Extension
  • Rating Bar Dialog Extension
  • PedrozaThumbnail Extension
  • Firebase AddOn Extension
  • PedrozaGlide Extension

0 voters

Donation link

If you want to donate, you can at:

Why support by sponsoring extensions?

1. Sponsoring gives you the opportunity to reward the developer for its efforts made to bring a feature you like/need in your projects.
  2. Get early access
  3. Full support.

Show gif file in appybuilder
Rounded profile picture

Faltan 1para liberar

Que aporte tan asombroso! Muchas gracias! Ojalá se alcance la meta y se libere pronto!
Nuevamente gracias por esta extensión!

USA
Rating Bar Dialog

Gran aporte
gracias.

What an amazing contribution! Thank you very much! Hopefully the goal is reached and released soon!
Thanks again for this extension!

interesting method to encourage people to donate something…
keep up the good work!

Taifun

WOw, Awesome extension @CarlosPedroza27… I am charmed by your extension like Polyline Tool Extension…

From: The Netherlands (Holland) I like the Firebase AddOn Extension

Faltan 48 si se puede buena extension

Si se puede vamos apoyar

Colombia :slight_smile:

Remember to answer the poll!

Updated: Video demonstration (with english subtitles but no voice), apk test AND blocks used.

Updated ways to get early access and to liberate the extension for free!

PedrozaGlide Extension

Poland
PedrozaGlide Extension

Siguen faltanto 30, aninmense!

Espero llegue a meta pronto es una extension mus consultada en la comunidades y grupos del desarrollo por estas platafromas.

Gracias el aporte @CarlosPedroza27

Saludos desde Perú

Half the goal accomplished! And this is how it looks in my cellphone:

Thank you all! To celebrate this Black Week, if the goal is accomplished before Sunday, I will also liberate the source code! Keep the likes and comments going!

Van 34 vamos si se puede!!