Blocks editor performance

@Boban_Stojmenovic Thanks for providing video. It’s awesome performance.

Also, keep in mind that we MANY front-end instances running in parallel to server our AppyBuilder members. We also have several build-servers for building .apk. All these should help with better performance.
Please know that we are paying for all the services. We encourage members to donate so that we can keep the servers up-and-running and continue with fixes, updates, support, etc:

Wow, what i great performance.:+1:

For the most part, I use Firefox but Crome as well…

As you could see from the video, both Firefox and Crome I had many windows and tabs open at the same time, I streamed Youtube video, two kids who playing online games and that My computer was on for 26 days…

my spec

Tracing route to []
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms []
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms []
3 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms []
4 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms []
5 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms []
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms
8 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms []

Trace complete.

Pinging [] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 2ms

I would not be surprised if I have a better connection with the server than some who live in the United States
considering that I’m surfing from Sweden…

Looks like having an Intel processor makes a big difference over having AMD.
When working with 1900 blocks on my AMD pc, the lag while dragging is very noticeable.

Did you try expanding all the blocks?

I also notice that it’s lagging when all blocks are expanded, it takes 2-4s from dragging until something happens on the screen but still it’s 6500+ blocks and I would never work so anyway…

By the way, can you-all share how is yours communication with the server…

The blocky interface has a major flaw: To perform the panning or dragging, it “takes a picture” of the blocks area, trimming all the white area on the sides. Then it let’s the user drag that rendered image. When you drop it, it redraws the visible block area only. That works fine when you have some small amount of blocks, but the more you extend the area used by the blocks, the slower it gets to generate that image. They should find a way to perform the dragging just by redrawing the blocks that become visible.